CM-iTC: WES2009: Getting Started
From CompuLab Wiki
The Windows Embedded Standard 2009 (WES2009) image for CM-iTC has most of the features present in a full version of Windows XP Pro. The WES2009 run-time image package for CM-iTC includes a ready-to-run image which can be installed on a SATA Storage Device.
The provided WES2009 image is built as an evaluation copy and therefore it is time limited (expires after 30 days). In order to create a permanent WES2009 image, the license from Microsoft should be purchased and the image should be re-built.
Preparing the USB Flash Drive with WinPE and WES2009 Image
- Connect the UFD to your host PC.
Important Note: The UFD’s capacity must be at least 8GB.
- Format the UFD with NTFS and make it active by using Diskpart.
- Unzip the downloaded WES2009 run-time image package.
- Copy the content of the WinPE and WES2009 Image folders to the UFD.
- Disconnect the UFD from your host computer.
WES2009 Image Deployment
- Connect the SATA Storage Device to the SATA 0 connector on the CM-iTC.
- Connect the UFD with WinPE and WES2009 image to the iTC board.
Important Note: Ensure that no other USB or SATA Storage Device is connected to the CM-iTC.
- Boot the CM-iTC module and enter the BIOS Setup by pressing F2.
- Set the appropriate Date and Time.
- Go to the “Boot” section and set your USB Flash Drive as the first bootable device.
- Save the configuration changes and exit BIOS.
- Wait until the WinPE prompt appears.
- Browse to the UFD and run deploy.bat file for deploying the image.
- The automatic script formats the SATA Storage Device and deploys the WES2009 image.
- Ensure that there is no error message during the installation of the image.
The script output should appear as follows:
X:\windows\system32>wpeinit X:\windows\system32>d: D:\>iTC_WES2009.bat D:\>diskpart /s prepare_iTC_WES2009.txt Microsoft DiskPart version 6.1.7100 Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Microsoft Corporation. On computer: MININT-VK6BS5V Disk 0 is now the selected disk. DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk. DiskPart succeeded in creating the specified partition. 100 percent completed DiskPart successfully formatted the volume. DiskPart marked the current partition as active. DiskPart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point. Leaving DiskPart... D:\>imagex.exe /apply iTC_WES2009.wim 1 g:\ /verify ImageX Tool for Windows Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. Version: 6.1.7100.0 [ 100% ] Applying (with verification) progress Successfully applied image. Total elapsed time: 4 min 31 sec D:\>pause Press any key to continue . . .
Boot from a SATA Storage Device
- After the system shuts down, disconnect the UFD.
- Turn on the CM-iTC.
- The system will boot in FBA mode.
- Use “Administrator” login without password to log on.
- Press OK on “Select NetWare Logon” menu.