Utilite2 Linux Installation and Update
From Utilite Wiki
The procedure described below outlines the steps necessary to update or re-install Ubuntu Linux onto Utilite2.
Installation target media
Proprietary firmware as well as boot image that includes prebuilt Linux kernel and initial ramdisk are installed onto the on-board eMMC.
Root filesytem can be installed on one of the supported storage devices:
- On-board eMMC
- Internal SATA storage
- External USB storage
Pre-installation setup requirements
- Utilite2 computer.
- Display screen connected to the Utilite2 HDMI display port.
- USB keyboard or/and mouse.
- Utilite2 power supply.
- Micro-SD card with at least 4GB capacity.
- USB card reader for flashing the installation environment.
- Download the latest Utilite2 OS installer image to your host PC.
- Ensure the integrity of the file with md5sum utility. For example:
#> md5sum utilite2_ubuntu-installer-image_2015-07-30.zip a160f02654d7b3930165fad01f31f2e7 utilite2_ubuntu-installer-image_2015-07-30.zip
- Unzip the archive to get the dd image of installer (.dd file).
- Create a bootable micro-SD card using dd image of installer from the package. Please refer to Installation From Img Files for instructions.
|Any commercially available micro-SD card of 4GB (or larger) may be used for the installation.|
- Make sure a desired target media (e.g. USB/SATA storage) is connected.
- Insert the prepared micro-SD card containing installer into the Utilite2 micro-SD socket and turn on the Utilite2 computer.
- Utilite2 will automatically boot into the installer LXDE desktop and invoke the installation procedure.
- If from some reason the installation procedure does not start automatically, please double click on the Utilite Image Installer desktop icon to begin installation.
- Follow the installation wizard instructions.
Booting after Installation
- After the installation is complete, shut down Utilite2 and remove the installation micro-SD card.
- Turn on the Utilite2 computer.
|If the installation micro-SD card is not removed, Utilite2 will automatically boot from the micro-SD card into the installer.|