What is RMA
RMA stands for Return on Manufacturer Authorization. It is the procedure for returning faulty hardware for repair or replacement.
- Before shipping any goods, buyer must contact the seller and follow the seller’s instructions. If purchased from a reseller – contact the reseller rather than CompuLab. The reseller is committed to providing identical RMA service to that of CompuLab.
- In many cases the observed issues do not stem from a hardware failure and a support engineer can help troubleshoot them on-site.
- Buyer is advised to become familiar with warranty terms.
- Every unit undergoes complete functional testing at the factory before shipping.
- RMA shipping from the buyer to the seller is on buyer expense.
- Shipping back is on seller expense unless:
- Warranty is void due to expiration or user damage.
- RMA is found to be unjustified since hardware is in good working order.
- Stock configuration units are normally replaced as soon as the unit arrives at the seller’s facility and undergoes inspection. Replacement normally takes place within 1 week.
- Custom configuration units are normally repaired and shipped back. The procedure normally takes up to one month.
Repair service in cases where warranty does not apply
- Warranty may be void due to expiration or user damage.
Service is provided at fixed rates:
- Product examination / testing – $50, for all products regardless of test results.
- Product repair – $80, only for repaired products.
CompuLab does not guarantee that it will be able to repair the product.
- Failing products are discarded; only functional products are shipped back.
- Shipment costs in both directions and taxes, if any, are covered by the buyer.
How to issue an RMA
Never ship a product before receiving authorization and RMA number!
If purchased from a reseller
Contact the reseller for repair or replacement.
If purchased directly from CompuLab
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email specify the following (copy and paste):
- Computer’s Serial number
- Your name and address
- Where and when computer was purchased
- Problem description
Buyers from USA and Canada will be advised to ship to CompuLab US office. Buyers from other regions should ship to CompuLab in Israel. In any case buyer must not ship before he receives an RMA number.
If purchased from Amazon
Buyer may return the goods to Amazon for a full refund within 30 days as per Amazon return policy. Buyer may contact CompuLab for RMA as detailed above.