CompuLab introduces CL-SOM-iMX8 – high-performance System-on-Module featuring NXP i.MX8M SoC

Yokneam, Israel 23-January-2018 – CompuLab introduces CL-SOM-iMX8 – a miniature System-on-Module built around the recently launched NXP i.MX8M System-on-Chip family.

High performance video and graphics capabilities and versatile feature-set make CL-SOM-iMX8 a powerful solution for a wide range of applications such as industrial HMI, digital signage, image processing and professional audio equipment.

CL-SOM-iMX8 is designed to bring out the full I/O capabilities of the i.MX8M SoC, offering Gbit Ethernet, PCIe, 2 USB3.0 ports, 4 UARTs and up-to 90 GPIOs. Display connectivity is supported with HDMI2.0, LVDS and MIPI-DSI interfaces with resolutions of up-to 4096 x 2160. In addition, CL-SOM-iMX8 features on-board WiFi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.1.

CL-SOM-iMX8 is offered with full industrial temperature range of -40C to 85C.

Software Support

CL-SOM-iMX8 is provided with full BSPs and ready-to-run images for Linux and Android operating system. The CL-SOM-iMX8 BSP includes Linux kernel 4.9, Yocto Project file-system, Android 8.0 and U-Boot boot-loader.

Evaluation and Design Support

CL-SOM-iMX8 is supported with SB-iMX8 carrier board and EVAL-iMX8 evaluation kit facilitating streamlined and rapid product development.

SB-iMX8 carrier-board has been designed for CL-SOM-iMX8 evaluation and application development. SB-iMX8 schematics, bill of materials and layout are available for CL-SOM-iMX8 customers to be used as a reference design for a wide range of industrial use cases.

EVAL-iMX8 evaluation kit includes CL-SOM-iMX8 and SB-iMX8 hardware set, an optional LCD panel, PSU, cables and a technical support contract.

Specifications

CPU NXP i.MX8M Quad, quad-core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.5GHz
NXP i.MX8M Dual, dual-core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.5GHz
Video 4Kp60 HEVC/H.265, 4Kp60 VP9, 4Kp30 AVC/H.264
1080p60 MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC-1, VP8, H.263
GPU Vivante GC7000Lite GPU, OpenGL ES 3.1, Open CL 1.2 and Vulkan
Real-Time MCU ARM Cortex-M4
RAM Up-to 4GB LPDDR4
Storage Up to 64GB of soldered eMMC
Display HDMI 2.0a, up-to 4096 x 2160 @60Hz
LVDS, up-to 1920 x 1080 @60Hz
MIPI-DSI, 4 data lanes, up to 1920 x 1080 @60Hz
Parallel RGB, 24-bit, up to 1600 x 1200
Touchscreen Capacitive touch-screen support through SPI and I2C interfaces
Camera MIPI-CSI, 4 data lanes
Network Gbit Ethernet
802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi interface
Bluetooth 4.1 BLE
Audio Analog stereo output, stereo input and microphone support
Up-to 4x I2S / SAI
S/PDIF input/output
PCI Express Up-t0 2x PCIe Gen2.1
USB 2x USB3.0 dual-role ports
UART Up to 4x UART
MMC/SD/SDIO Up to 1x MMC/SD/SDIO
General I/O Up-to 2x SPI, 3x I2C, 4x PWM, 90x GPIO
RTC Real time clock, powered by external battery
Dubug JTAG debug interface
Supply Voltage 3.35V to 4.2V
Connector 204-pin SO-DIMM edge connector
Dimensions 42 x 68 x 5 mm
Temp. range -40C to 80C

Price and Availability

CL-SOM-iMX8 is available now through CompuLab’s worldwide distribution channel and through direct sales (www.compulab.com).
CL-SOM-iMX8 is offered at a variety of configurations starting from $68 for volume orders.
EVAL-iMX8 evaluation kit is offered at $375.
Detailed ordering and pricing information is available at the CL-SOM-iMX8 product page.

About CompuLab

CompuLab is a leading designer and manufacturer of embedded computing products since 1992.
CompuLab products are used in digital signage, telecommunication, industrial automation, gaming, medical devices, aerospace and marine systems and countless other applications.
CompuLab headquarters are located in Yokneam, Israel with offices in St. Petersburg, FL.

For more details please contact:

Igor Vaisbein
igor.vaisbein@compulab.co.il
+972-4-8290100