CompuLab introduces CL-SOM-iMX8X – a miniature System-on-Module based on NXP i.MX8X SoC

Yokneam, Israel 21-August-2019 – CompuLab introduces CL-SOM-iMX8X – a miniature System-on-Module built around the NXP i.MX8X System-on-Chip family.

High performance, powerful graphics and extensive connectivity make CL-SOM-iMX8X an excellent solution for a very wide range of applications such as industrial HMI, building control, image processing systems, IoT gateways, medical devices and metering systems.

CL-SOM-iMX8X has been designed to bring out the full I/O capabilities of the highly versatile i.MX8X SoC. Peripheral interfaces include PCI Express, dual Gigabit Ethernet, USB ports, 4 UARTs, 3 CAN-FD ports and 96 GPIOs. Display connectivity is supported with two independent LVDS / MIPI-DSI interfaces. In addition, CL-SOM-iMX8X extends the i.MX8X I/O even further with on-board 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2 and 3 additional USB ports.

CL-SOM-iMX8X is offered with full industrial temperature range of -40C to 85C.

Software Support

CL-SOM-iMX8X is provided with a full BSP and ready-to-run images for the Linux operating system. The CL-SOM-iMX8X BSP includes Linux kernel 4.14, Yocto Project SDK and U-Boot boot-loader.

Evaluation and Design Support

To facilitate streamlined and rapid product development, CL-SOM-iMX8X is supported with the SB-iMX8X carrier-board and EVAL-iMX8X evaluation kit.

SB-iMX8X carrier-board has been designed for CL-SOM-iMX8X evaluation and application development. SB-iMX8X schematics, bill of materials and layout are available to be used as a reference design for a wide range of industrial use cases.

The EVAL-iMX8X eval-kit offered at $395, includes CL-SOM-iMX8X and SB-iMX8X hardware set, an optional LCD panel, PSU, cables and a technical support contract.

Specifications

CPU NXP i.MX 8QuadXPlus, quad-core ARM Cortex-A35, 1.2GHz
Video Decode 4k H.265, 1080p H.264, VP8, MPEG4, RealVideo
Video Encode 1080p H.264
GPU GC7000Lite GPU, OpenGL 3.0, OpenCL 1.2 FP, OpenVG 1.1, Vulkan
Real-Time MCU ARM Cortex-M4F, 266 MHz
RAM Up-to 4GB LPDDR4
Storage Up to 64GB of soldered eMMC
Display 2x LVDS / MIPI-DSI, 4 data lanes, up to 1080p60
Camera MIPI-CSI, 4 data lanes
Network 2x Gigabit Ethernet
Certified 802.11ac WiFi interface
Bluetooth 4.2 BLE
Audio Up-to 1x I2S / SAI
PCI Express 1x PCIe
USB 1x USB2.0 OTG + 3x USB2.0 host ports
UART Up to 4x UART
MMC/SD/SDIO Up to 1x SD / MMC interface
General I/O Up to 3x I2C, 4x SPI, 3x CAN-FD, 96x GPIO
ADC 5x general-purpose ADC inputs
RTC Real time clock, powered by external battery
Debug JTAG debug interface
Supply Voltage 4.0V to 4.5V
Connector 204-pin SO-DIMM edge connector
Dimensions 38 x 68 x 5 mm
Temp. range -40C to 85C

Price and Availability

CL-SOM-iMX8X is available now through CompuLab’s worldwide distribution channels and through direct sales (www.compulab.com).
CL-SOM-iMX8X is offered at a variety of configurations starting from $73 for volume orders.
EVAL-iMX8X evaluation kit is offered at $395.
Detailed ordering and pricing information is available at the CL-SOM-iMX8X product page.

About CompuLab

CompuLab is a leading designer and manufacturer of embedded computing products since 1992.
CompuLab products are used in digital signage, telecommunication, industrial automation, gaming, medical devices, aerospace and marine systems and countless other applications.
CompuLab headquarters are located in Yokneam, Israel with offices in St. Petersburg, FL.

For additional details please contact:

Igor Vaisbein
igor.vaisbein@compulab.co.il
+972-4-8290100