View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Debian KDE Desktop (Debian Wheezy Based KDE Plasma Desktop) 

Post Debian KDE Desktop (Debian Wheezy Based KDE Plasma Desktop)
I have an armhf Debian KDE Desktop (Debian Wheezy Based KDE Plasma Desktop) For Utilite Pro

Here are the files:
kdebian-wheezy-utpro.img.tar.bz2.sha1sum

kdebian-wheezy-utpro.img.tar.bz2

This image is 8G img file, so be sure to extract it onto an ext4, ntfs, or some other comparable fs, as fat/fat32/vfat will not handle anything over 4G, & check the sha1sum numbers all match.

Once that is done a simple terminal command will write the image to your SD Card. (You will need at least a 16G SD Card to install this image onto the 8G SD is not enough space for this image)

Code:
dd if=kdebian-wheezy-utpro.img of=/dev/yoursdcard

Then insert the sd into your Utilite Pro and plug it in, and begin the image installation. The first boot, once you see the log in screen, (root login is not allowed from the graphical login screen. Hold <ctrl>+<alt> & <f1>, or <f2>, or <f3>, or <f4>, etc... Once you have a new tty terminal, log in info as the root user with root:toor. Now you need to make a main user:

Code:
adduser yourusername

Now just follow the instructions, then reboot, or type startx for the Desktop.

This is a first draft, so please help me tweak and tone the image into the perfect armhf KDE Desktop for the Utilite Pro.

Oh and as a side note, I downloadede, configured, put together, imaged, and compressed this entire thing on my Utilite Pro, from the KDE Desktop I installed onto my SSD (The version I have, or had on my SSD for that was the true really really rough draft, and the first draft I posted is really the second version first draft) :).

All comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated, I really look forward to hearing what you all think of this image, and what works/don't work or what you think would improve the OS.

You can keep the OS on the SD Card if you like, or what I did was to partition & format the SSD Drive (/dev/sda) into a boot, and root partition.
I mounted /dev/sda2 into /mnt/root, and /dev/sda1 into /mnt/boot, copied the kernel to the boot part, then I used this to copy the rootfs onto the SSD.

Code:
code: rsync -HPavz -q -F --exclude=/mnt / /mnt/root

Then I unplugged the Utilite, removed the SD Card, and pluged it back in..
It booted up perfect, and now on the SSD it performed better, and the rootfs partition is over 27G which gives me a lot more space to play in.
I also have an Android Image on an SD Card so I can boot into Android from SD and Linux from SSD, plus other various stages of Linux on other SD's for dev.
So I am having a good amount of fun on the UT-Pro so far, and working on my DEV skills, I am mostly just a hobby dev though, :) but it is fun on these little arm devices.

Any way, as I said I look forward to input for this OS, and hopefully the devs here may want to run wild with it :)

:) See ya - Kaiji

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:22 pm

Post Re: Debian KDE Desktop (Debian Wheezy Based KDE Plasma Deskt
You have to install some libs for the Nepomuk Semantic Desktop:

libnepomuk4 - Nepomuk Meta Data Library
libnepomukutils4 - Nepomuk Utility Library
korundum - Ruby bindings for the KDE Development Platform
ruby-kde4 - KDE bindings for the Ruby language
python-kde4 - Python bindings for the KDE Development Platform
python3-pykde4 - Python 3 bindings for the KDE Development Platform
shared-desktop-ontologies - shared ontologies for semantic searching
libsmokenepomuk3 - Nepomuk SMOKE libraries
libvirtodbc0 - high-performance database - ODBC libraries
virtuoso-minimal - high-performance database - core dependency package
virtuoso-opensource - high-performance database
virtuoso-opensource-6.1 - high-performance database - support files
virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin - high-performance database - binaries
virtuoso-opensource-6.1-common - high-performance database - common files
virtuoso-server - high-performance database - server dependency package
virtuoso-vad-ods - high-performance database - Open Data Spaces module
virtuoso-vad-rdfmappers - high-performance database - RDF mappers module

Choose through some of these, and the Nepomuk error will go away. This package "virtuoso-vad-rdfmappers" and some of the main program files should do it.

So has anyone tried this OS out yet? I am liking it so far, but it does need some tweaking and tuning, I look forward to your input :) Thanks

- Kaiji

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]