View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 utilite-1 no video 

Post utilite-1 no video
Hi,

Just got a utilite-1

I upgraded my bootloader to latest cm-fx6-firmware, from linux, then "env default -a".

I am getting no video on dvi or hdmi, nothing.

not from uboot
not from linux
I get a blank screen (but seem to get a signal on dvi) from android.

I have reviewed all the documentation I could find online, spent a few hours in the forums. I am stuck.

I can get in using the serial console, I have stock linux on an sd atm.

regards

any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Post Re: utilite-1 no video
Hi,

yanik wrote:
I upgraded my bootloader to latest cm-fx6-firmware, from linux, then "env default -a".

Can you give us some more details on how you upgraded the bootloader? Where did you get the cm-fx6-firmware image from? Did you use CompuLab's cm-fx6-bootloader-update.sh script? If yes, have you used that script to reset the bootloader's environment?

"env default -a" looks like a U-Boot command executed on U-Boot's command line interface. Have you executed the saveenv command afterwards?

yanik wrote:
I have reviewed all the documentation I could find online, spent a few hours in the forums. I am stuck.

Independent of the questions above, you may try to install a bootloader, that is indepenent of the internal SPI-flash, on the sd card itself. I wrote up a small how-to for that here [1]. You can use the precompiled binaries referenced in the how-to, if you trust me.

Good luck!
Christopher

[1] https://github.com/utilite-and-friends/ ... an-SD-card

Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Post Re: utilite-1 no video
chris wrote:
Hi,

yanik wrote:

Can you give us some more details on how you upgraded the bootloader? Where did you get the cm-fx6-firmware image from? Did you use CompuLab's cm-fx6-bootloader-update.sh script? If yes, have you used that script to reset the bootloader's environment?

"env default -a" looks like a U-Boot command executed on U-Boot's command line interface. Have you executed the saveenv command afterwards?

Yes, I used the cm-fx6-bootloader-update.sh script, the upgrade worked fine, the reset fails.

yanik wrote:

Independent of the questions above, you may try to install a bootloader, that is indepenent of the internal SPI-flash, on the sd card itself. I wrote up a small how-to for that here [1]. You can use the precompiled binaries referenced in the how-to, if you trust me.

Good luck!
Christopher

Turns out my main problem was either with my hdmi cable or tv/monitor. I set it up in my "lab" and now get video from uboot. So I know thhe hardware is good..

With that and more reading, I'm sure I'll get it running.

Thanks again.

[1] https://github.com/utilite-and-friends/ ... an-SD-card

Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]