View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 SD Card Problems 

Post SD Card Problems
To add to the other reports of SD card problems, I'm finding that several models of SD card fail half-way through booting the kernel with this error message:

Code:
mmcblk0: error -110 sending stop command, original cmd response 0x900, card status 0x400e00

I am booting the kernel off the SD card, so the SD card is certainly being recognised and used by u-boot, but part-way through booting the kernel it spits that out and completely hangs.

The working set:
    Delkin 4GB (not sure of class)
    Delkin Class 10 32GB Micro SD HC
    Sandisk 32GB UHS1 Micro SDHC I
    Sandisk 64GB UHS1 Micro SDHC I
    SP Class 4 8GB

The non-working set:
    Delkin 4GB (not sure of class)
    Delkin 16GB Class 10 symbol, reports UHS in a PC reader
    Sandisk 16GB UHS1 Micro SDHC I

All of these cards work in other non-Utilite devices.

We have tried the non-working cards on multiple Utilites and the problem is common to them all.

I have tested with a very old 3.0.35 kernel, the more modern v3.0.35-cm-fx6-6.3 and also the latest utilite/devel branch 3.10.17 from github.com/utilite-computer/linux-kernel. I had hoped it would be fixed in 3.10.17 but unfortunately not.

Has anyone else seen the same? It may be somewhat different to the issues others have experienced because u-boot can at least load the kernel off the SD card, but then one of the SD commands fails once the kernel starts up its SD driver.

Thanks

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:33 am

Post Re: SD Card Problems
Hi,

We would like to investigate the issue further.
Please, check out you private messages.

Thanks,
Igor

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:39 am

Post Re: SD Card Problems
I've some SD have this issue.

The current U-Boot support USB boot, so I try such SD to boot via USB, they work fine as USB storage device.

Boot via USB from U-Boot only support boot.scr by default, you can change the setting to support uImage-cm-fx6 like microSD, just use fw_setenv command to update the U-Boot environment parameter:
Code:
bootcmd=run setupmmcboot;mmc dev ${storagedev};if mmc rescan; then run trybootsrz;fi;run setupusbboot;if usb start; then if run loadscript; then run bootscript;else run usbbootargs;if run loadkernel; then run doboot;else setenv bootargs;fi;fi;fi; run setupsataboot;if sata init; then run trybootsmz;fi;run setupnandboot;run nandboot;
usbroot=/dev/sdb2 rw rootwait
usbbootargs=setenv bootargs console=${console} root=${usbroot} ${video}

you need to restore u-boot env to default after upgrade u-boot to make above code work.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]