View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 new serial cable, directly to USB? 

Post new serial cable, directly to USB?
So I managed to destroy the serial cable (P/N 199D10230) that came with my trimslice.

What would be the simplest way to get a new one? I checked the distributors where mailorder is viable, but they don't sell it separately.

Then on the other hand, what I currently (or say, up to now) did, was connecting this cable to a null modem cable and then this one to an usb adapter. Is there any chance to buy a replacement that connects directly to USB?

Any hints on the right search keywords would be much appreciated, I'm a bit out of ideas here.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Post Re: new serial cable, directly to USB?
In a hasty move I owe to being quite a n00b on hardware concerns, I bought a Nikon camera cable (http://www.kabeltje.com/nikon-camera-us ... -pin-uc-e6) just for the fact the the connectors match. Thankfully, not everything blew up when trying this out, but the usb driver complains about overcurrent and shuts itself off. Do I have any chance to make that work by swapping some pins or does the original cable do some further going conversions?

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]