View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 TV Tuner on the TS and Building the kernel 

Post TV Tuner on the TS and Building the kernel
I need to get this driver (http://www.cetoncorp.com/infinitv/support/linux.php) for a tv tuner card on my ts... the directions on the page do not work becouse the kernel sorce is not on the box. So I tryed this http://www.trimslice.com/wiki/index.php ... nux_Kernel
and it all seems out of date and gives me errors. Can any one help get me in the right direction?

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Post Re: TV Tuner on the TS and Building the kernel
With regard to the kernel building instructions, they're fine apart from the localversion string needing updating as per the installed kernel and an apparent issue with the trimslice_defconfig kernel config in that it insists on the RTL NIC firmware files being present even if they're not built into the kernel. I had a look at fixing the script, but it was beyond my knowledge, so in order to get up and running quickly, I just copied the firmware files from the existing installation. Once I'd done that, the kernel built fine as per the instructions. Getting the kernel to run is another matter, but I suspect it's something to do with me hacking about with the code rather than any fundamental issue.

I've also managed to build, on the Trimslice itself, modules from the latest V4L media_build git and make some progress getting a Pinnacle PCTV 290e DVB-T2 USB stick to work, though I'm some way off being able to record off-air broadcasts. I don't know whether the Infinitv drivers are based on the standard V4L/DVB framework, so I doubt this approach would work for you.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:48 pm

I've just had a quick look at the Makefile for the Infinitv drivers. You'll need to do what I did for the V4L build, which is to fudge together the relevant /lib/modules..../build directory yourself. Normally you wouldn't have to do this as you'd be able to install the linux-headers package, but there isn't one for the Tegra target as far as I can tell.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Stevep,

Thanks for the help. I will try to get this working.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:38 pm

stevep,

ok here is what I did.

root@binhex-VirtualBox:/home/development/trimslice# git clone git@gitorious.org:trimslice-kernel/trimslice-kernel.git trimslice-kernel
Cloning into trimslice-kernel...
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

can you help?

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:18 pm

You'll need to set up an account with gitorious.org and register your public SSH key with it. If you don't want to do that, then you can just download the source tarball linked from the wiki instead. Both methods of obtaining the code work for me and I'm now happily building and running kernels, mostly with extra debug printk's in the EDID and I2C driver code...

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]