SBC-AM57x - TI AM5728 / AM5718 Single Board Computer
- High performance graphics and image processing
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces
- Optimized for industrial embedded applications
Texas Instruments Sitara AM57x processor family
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-A15 CPU, 1GHz
- PowerVR SGX544 GPU and 1080p VPU
- 2x TMS320C66x DSP
- Integrated Real-Time Unit (PRU-ICSS)
- Up to 4GB DDR3 and 32GB eMMC
- HDMI, LVDS, LCD at up to 1920 x 1200
- 2x 1000Mbps Ethernet, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, BT 4.1
- 2x mini-PCIe, SATA, USB3.0, 4x USB2, CAN, 24x GPIO
Mainline Linux and Yocto Project
- Full Board Support Package and ready-to-run images
- Linux kernel, Yocto Project file-system and U-Boot
- Mainline Linux kernel support
Why choose CompuLab?
Direct Engineer Support
Mainline Linux and Yocto
Learn more about CompuLab advantages.
- The "SB option" column specifies the SB-SOM-AM57x carrier board P/N code required for a particular feature. The "CM option" column specifies the CL-SOM-AM57x P/N code required for a particular feature. SBC-AM57x feature-set is a combination of features provided by the attached CL-SOM-AM57x and the features implemented on the SB-SOM-AM57x. For a particular feature to be present, both the CM and SB options of that feature must be implemented.
- "+" means that the feature is always available, regardless of P/N code.
Feature Specification SB Option CM Option
Please refer to CL-SOM-AM57x specifications
LCD panel Parallel RGB interface, up to 1920x1200, FPC connector
Resistive touch-screen interface, FPC connector
Fully supports Startec KD050C 5" 480x800 TFT LCD panel
+ + HDMI HDMI 1.4a, up to 1920x1200, HDMI connector + + LVDS LVDS interface, up to 1920x1080, 100-mil header + L DVI DVI, up to 1920x1080, HDMI connector + +
Ethernet Primary 1000/100/10Mbps Ethernet port, RJ45 connector
+ E1 Secondary 1000/100/10Mbps Ethernet port, 100-mil header
* 100-mil header to RJ45 adapter board is available from CompuLab
+ E2 WiFi 802.11b/g/n WiFi interface
TI WiLink 8 WL1801 module
+ W Dual-band 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi interface
TI WiLink 8 WL1837 module
+ WAB Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.1 BLE
TI WiLink 8 WL1837 module
Analog Audio Analog stereo output, line-in, microphone; 3.5mm jacks
Implemented with the CL-SOM-AM57x audio codec
PCI Express 2x mini-PCIe socket, full-size + + SATA mSATA socket / SATA connector + + USB 1x USB3.0 dual-role, micro-USB connector + + 2x USB2.0 host, type-A connectors + U2 Additional 2x USB2.0 host, 100-mil header + U4 MMC / SDIO MMC / SD / SDIO interface. Standard full-size SD socket. + + Serial 1x serial debug port via UART-to-USB bridge, micro-USB connector + + 1x serial debug port via RS232 transceiver, ultra-mini serial connector
* mutually exclusive with serial debug port via USB
+ + Up-to 3x UART, 3.3V levels, 100-mil header + + CAN bus 1x CAN bus interface with isolator and driver, 100-mil header + + SPI Up-to 2x SPI interface, 100-mil header + + I2C Up-to 2x I2C interface, 100-mil header + + GPIO Up-to 24x GPIO, 100-mil header + +
RTC Real time clock operated from on-board coin-cell battery + +
Unregulated 8V to 15V Digital I/O voltage 3.3V
Dimensions 160 x 136 x 22 mm Weight 165 gram
Environmental and Reliability
MTTF > 200,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz
- CL-SOM-AM57x reference guideDecember 15, 2016
- CL-SOM-AM57x mechanical drawingsNovember 11, 2015
- SB-SOM-AM57x design - schematics, mechanical drawings, layoutFebruary 11, 2016
- CL-SOM-AM57x 3D modelMay 10, 2016
- CL-SOM-AM57x Linux packageOctober 25, 2016
- CL-SOM-AM57x Yocto Linux packageJanuary 22, 2017
ArchiveFor previous versions of the CL-SOM-AM57x software packages, please refer to the CL-SOM-AM57x software archive.
CL-SOM-AM57x and SBC-AM57x Evaluation Kit
- Technical support for 12 months.
- Schematics review of the customer's carrier board design.
- LCD panel compatibility verification and driver adaptation service.
- 45-day trial period. Eval Kit will be accepted for refund if the user finds the product not suitable for his needs.
- WiFi antenna and cable
- Serial port cable
- HDMI to DVI cable
- USB cable and adapter
- LCD panel
- Adapters & cables for generic LCD panel interface
- 12V power supply
Documents and Guides
Product status: ActiveThe CompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. Note: The SB-SOM-AM57x carrier-board must contain a CL-SOM-AM57x module for the implementation of a self-contained SBC. Options specified on this page refer to the SB-SOM-AM57x only. P/N template: SB-SOM-AM57x-[Tx]
Minimal configuration P/N: SB-SOM-AM57x 1K-units price $81
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) Temperature range Commercial
Cables, connectors and accessories click here
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 3.0