- Low cost x86-compatible platform in a miniature form factor.
- Low power consumption enables battery powered applications.
- Wide range of high-speed interfaces provides extensive connectivity.
- Full Featured PC-Compatible Computer-On-Module
- AMD Geode LX800 CPU at 500 MHz, 256 KB cache
- 512 Mbyte DDR
- 512 Mbyte Flash Disk
- Graphics Controller for LCD and FPM, up to 1920 x 1440 see LCD panel support
- General purpose bus and optional PCI, LPC, AC97 busses
- WLAN / WiFi 802.11g Interface
- Video Input Port
- Sound codec with speaker and microphone support
- Touchscreen Controller
- Up to 3 host USB-2 ports, including keyboard and mouse support
- Serial ports, GPIO, hard-disk interface
- 100 Mbps Ethernet port
- Low power consumption
- Small size - 68 x 58 mm
- Interchangeable with other modules via CAMI connectors
The CM-iGLX packs up-to-date 2006 technologies into the most compact, lightweight PC-on-module available in the market. Its on-board resources suffice to smoothly run operating systems such as Linux and Windows XP / CE, while it is just as small as a credit card and can run on a battery. These, in addition to the module's low cost, make it an ideal building block for any embedded application.
The feature set of the CM-iGLX combines a 32-bit X86-compatible CPU, DDR, Flash Disk and vital computing peripherals. For embedded applications, the CM-iGLX provides a 32-bit PCI bus, 100Mbit Ethernet, serial ports, general purpose I/O lines and many other essential functions. The user interface is supported by an enhanced graphics controller, touchscreen, USB interface for keyboard / mouse and Audio system. An integrated WLAN (WiFi) interface implements 802.11g industry standard wireless connectivity.
The standardized CAMI ("CompuLab's Aggregated Module Interface") connectors of the CM-iGLX module allow interchangeability with other Computer-On-Module's available from CompuLab, enabling the flexibility required in a dynamic market where application requirements can change rapidly.For feature support status, please refer to O/S Support Coverage Map.
- "Option" column specifies the configuration code required to have the particular feature.
- "+" means that the feature is always available
CPU, Memory and Busses
Feature Specifications Option CPU AMD LX800 / LX700 CPU, Pentium compatible, up to 500 MHz.
64 + 64 KB L1 and 128 KB L2 cache.
DMA and Interrupt controllers, Timers
C DRAM 128 / 256 / 512 MB DDR, 333 MHz, 64-bit
Notes about 512 MB:
1. Only if WiFi is not assembled
2. Win CE is not supported
D BIOS Flash 1/2 Mbyte, on-board reprogrammable + NAND Flash Disk 128 / 512 Mbytes, more in future. 10 MB/s transfer rate. N External Busses PCI, LPC, AC97 + AC97 AC97 Rev 2.3 compliant + PCI bus 32-bit, rev 2.2-compliant, 132 MB/s, 3.3-volt tolerant
Arbiter and clock for one or two masters
+ LPC bus Host, 33 MHz, Intel LPC v1.0 compatible +
Feature Specifications Option Graphics
Resolution up to 1920 x 1440 x 32 bpp @ 85Hz, frame buffer in system memory, 2D graphic processor + Display Interface LCD - 18-bit parallel RGB for TFT panels
CRT - 24-bit analog RGB for CRT / FPM
Video Input Port VESA1.1 & VESA2.0 standard, BT.601, BT.656, 8-bit port, 150 MHz data rate + USB 2 or 3 Host USB 2.0 ports, 480 Mbps, EHCI / OHCI compliant + Serial Ports Two UART's, Rx & Tx only + GPIO 4 lines dedicated + 4 lines shared + Hard Disk Interf. IDE interface, UDMA ATA-100 mode + Kbrd & Mouse USB or redirection from serial port + Ethernet 100 Mb/s, Activity LED's. RTL8139 E Audio codec Wolfson WM9715L controller, AC97 interface, mono microphone input, stereo line input and 25 mW output for active speakers AT Touchscreen ctrl. A part of the WM9715L chip. Supports resistive touch panels AT RTC Real Time Clock, powered by external lithium battery + WiFi Ralink RT2571chipset, 802.11b/g, USB internal interface.
Mutually exclusive with 512 MB DDR option
W Encryption unit 128 bit DMA based crypto acceleration block up to 44 Mbps +
Electrical, Mechanical and Environmental Specifications
Supply Voltage 3.3V Active power consumption 3 - 5 W, depending on configuration and CPU speed Dimensions 68 x 58 x 8 mm Weight 37 gram MTTF > 100,000 hours Operation temperature (case) Commercial: 0° to 70° C
Extended: -20° to 70° C
Industrial: -40° to 85° C. Click for availability note
Storage temperature -40° to 85° C Relative humidity 10% to 90% (operation)
05% to 95% (storage)
Shock 50G / 20 ms Vibration 20G / 0 - 600 Hz Connectors 3 x 140 pin, 0.6 mm. Insertion / removal up to 50 cycles
Hardware Design Resources
- CM-iGLX BIOS & Etherlink image and documentationSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX DOS image and documentationSeptember 4, 2011
Windows XP Embedded
- CM-iGLX Windows XP Embedded board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Windows XP Embedded demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
Windows CE 5
- CM-iGLX Windows CE board support package (password required)September 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Windows CE demo imageSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Windows CE SDKSeptember 4, 2011
- CM-iGLX Linux Gentoo kernel & filesystem imageSeptember 4, 2011
CM-iGLX is a mature product and is not recommended for new designs.
Product status: MatureCompuLab part number specifies all options available for a particular product. P/N template: CM-iGLX-Dxxx-Cxxx-[Nxxx]-[E]-[AT]-[W]-[Tx]-[X]
Minimal configuration P/N: CM-iGLX-D128-C433 1K-unit price $114 10K-unit price $103
Feature Options P/N code Add ($) DRAM size 128 MB
CPU speed 433 MHz
NAND Flash size (none)
Audio & Touchscreen No
Temperature range Commercial
Software Preloading No
- Prices are specified in U.S. Dollars. Prices are periodically updated according to variations in component costs. Prices are subject to change without advance notice.
Small Quantity Orders
Pricing is specified for 1000-unit orders. In order to calculate the price for another quantity, multiply the unit price (with selected options) by the factor listed in the table below:
QTY Factor 100K 0.8 10K 0.9 1K 1.0 500 1.2 100 1.5 10 2.0 1 2.5